We put our time and money into the future of cycling in Northern Arizona.
Not only do we support many and various cycling advocacy efforts in Northern Arizona with financial and in-kind donations, our staff, management and owner are among the most involved cycling advocates in the area.
- Flagstaff Biking Organization’s Flagstaff Bike to Work Week- Not only have we been both a $1000 Associate Level cash and Worksite Challenge in-kind bike donor sponsor for the past several years, we have negotiated matching support from Specialized Bicycle Components and Breezer Bikes netting $2000 cash and several hundred dollars more in in-kind towards this event annually. In addition, our staff members and managers and Team members volunteer scores of hours helping to generate the copy for Biopic, (the event newsletter), doing event support, coordinating Worksites and generally cheerleading the benefits of Bike to Work Week to the greater community.
- Flagstaff Biking Organization’s Trail Program- We annually sponsor two of these events directly with cash support of $250 per event. In addition, we have enlisted the support of our suppliers Specialized Bicycle Components, Pivot Cycles and Camelbak for an additional four days of sponsorship. Our staff and management and Team commit to several days of coordinating and staffing these events as well. If you have ever done trail work, you can attest to the amount of sweat-equity represented by this effort!
- Verde Valley Cycling Coalition’s agreement for bike lanes on Highway 179- Absolute Bikes funds the budget for street sweeping and maintenance of the bike lanes on Highway 179 between Sedona and the Village of Oak Creek for $1000 annually. This financial commitment was required by ADOT of the Verde Valley Cycling Coalition in order to stripe these lanes. These bike lanes changed this stretch of highway from virtually unrideable to one of the most scenic bike routes in the Western United States.
- Team Absolute Bikes- Many cycling teams receive discounts in a bike shop just for wearing the shop’s jersey at races. We encourage our racers to participate in various forms of bike advocacy and community service events by offering credit in our store for their time. Click the link for more info.
- Assorted Boards, Commissions, Committees and other positions representing the concerns of cyclists- The owner, managers and staff members of Absolute Bikes are perpetually joining in discussions and writing comment letters that contribute directly to planning direction that benefits cycling opportunities in Northern Arizona.