Come ride with us! Learn how that widget on your bike helps it go!
Stay tuned here for rides and clinics. We will be updating this page once we work out exactly what we are doing for the coming season.
Absolute Bikes Sedona Ride Schedule-
Please wear your helmet!
- Sunday Morning Mountain Bike Rides: Check the VVCC ride calendar at: http://www.vvcc.us/ (Right hand column of the home page.). These morning MTB rides are for all levels. Show up and groups will divide out into skill level for a variation of rides. These rides begin at 8 AM and end at 11 AM. The rides mainly start at Bell Rock Plaza across the street from Absolute Bikes, however participants will want to contact Mike Harris for current start times and locations: 858-967-1343 or 928-284-9398.
- Village of Oak Creek Verde Valley Cyclists Saturday Morning Road Rides: Check out the VVCC ride calendar at: http://www.vvcc.us/ (Right hand column of the home page.). Saturday morning rides start at 8 AM and end by 10:30. Times can change depending on the time of year. The rides are between 20 and 35 miles in length and are geared towards beginner (14 mph average) and intermediate riders (18 mph average). All riders are invited to attend a post ride breakfast/brunch at the Red Rock Café (Dutch treat). Call Heather Parris at (928) 274-3109 for more ride details.
Absolute Bikes Flagstaff Summer Ride Schedule-
Please wear your helmet!
- Tuesday Morning Rides, 6:30 am every Tuesday through the summer, starting at Absolute Bikes, Flagstaff. Challenging mountain bike routes, fast-ish pace, but no drop.
- Sunday Technical MTB Ride, 10:00 am from various locations in Flagstaff, (Call us at (928) 779-5969 or check our Facebook for meeting locations each week.). Ride with Vince “Noodles” Rideau on technical routes. Time will be spent discussing and tuning suspension, practicing climbing and descending technical moves. No one left behind, challenging terrain. A great way to hone your skills on the rough stuff!
- Saturday “B” Road Ride on Lake Mary Road, (coming soon), Not in the mood to get hammered by the weekly Saturday “Tour de Flagstaff” race? Are you new to road riding and you want to ride with a group and get some tips? Meet us at Absolute Bikes, Flagstaff at 9:00 am, or at the “mailboxes” on Lake Mary Road, (near the Canyon Vista campground), at 9:45 am on Saturdays for a no-drop group road ride. Mellow pace, potential to split into smaller groups if enough folks of different skill levels show.
Absolute Bikes Flagstaff Clinics… starting again Spring of 2014.
Absolute Bikes 2013 Sedona Clinics
- Trailside/Roadside flat tire and chain repair and more! Don’t feel helpless when minor things go wrong on a ride. Every other Thursday evening from 6:30 PM until 8:30 PM. Call (928) 284-1242 for details on the next clinic.
Past/Future Clinic Topics:
- Suspension Function and Tuning: How to get the most out of your suspension for your style of riding. Date TBD, presented by Vince Rideau (Noodles) and Kyle McKendree
- Feeling Good on Your Bike, for Beginner to Intermediate Riders: Nutrition, fit, clothing and comfort for long and short rides. Date TBD, presented by Amber Belt, ND.
- Biking to Work, School and Errands: Tips and advice for making riding around town convenient, easy and safe. Presented by Anthony Quintile.
- Feeling Good on Your Bike, for Intermediate to Advanced Riders and Racers: Nutrition, fit, clothing and comfort for long rides and/or maximum performance, presented by Certified BG Fit Technician Chris Antonovics.
- Brakes, Shifting and Drive Train: an overview of the basic function of these components, presented by Leslie Gilmore
- Hubs, Headsets, Bottom Brackets and Wheels: Learn the basic principals of bearing surfaces and proper adjustment. Learn how the wheel works and what decisions must be made when it is time so select new wheels, presented by Leslie Gilmore
- Basic Ride Safety and Preparedness: Introduction on what to take with you, how to deal with basic road-side or trail-side repairs and where to ride. presented by Leslie Gilmore
- Routine Bike Care and Upkeep: Daily preventative maintenance and preparation that will make your ride more enjoyable. presented by Leslie Gilmore
- Fast fixes for the Road and Trail: How to get back from a ride without using your cell phone, presented by Leslie Gilmore
- The Whole Bike: an overview of how all those parts work together, presented by Leslie Gilmore