Home » Trails & Roads- Sedona
If you haven’t been to Sedona to ride, move it to the top of your bucket list right now! If you have, we’ve got a bunch of new trails you need to check out. The road riding here is pretty sweet too!
Sedona’s trail system is extensive and labyrinthine. There are easy routes like Bell Rock Pathway so that the whole family can get out into the red rocks. There are flowy, fast sand and slickrock single tracks, like Llama Trail, for the intermediate-advance mountain biker. There are also some sketchy scary high and tight technical routes like Made in the Shade for those thrill seekers out there.
Stop by the shop for current updates on trail status, as new routes are being added to the system every few months. Check out MTBProject.com for some other trail info and a basic intro map is available for download here (pdf).
If you are more comfortable having someone show you around, or if you’d like some local-knowledge along for your ride, contact us to set up a tour!
A few of our favorites:
- Bell Rock Pathway– This is an easy beginner route great for the whole family. A bike ride on this trail is an awesome way to get out amongst the red rocks for almost anyone!
- Big Park Loops- A few great beginner mountain biker trails. Ride these trails if you are new to mountain biking, but want more challenge than an easy pathway.
- Slim Shady/ Made in the Shade / Templeton / Baldwin Trails– The good stuff! Check in the shop for status updates on additions to the system in this area. We recommend these trails for serious riders who really want a taste of all Sedona has to offer!
- Llama / Little Horse /Chicken Point and Submarine Rock– These local classics offer a high degree of challenge without too much exposure. Submarine Rock offers the opportunity for a little Moab-style slick rock riding.
- West Sedona / Dry Creek area – Girdner, Chuckwagon and beyond– Some new stuff and old classics in this area. Check in at the shop for new additions to the system and a map to keep from getting lost in this maze!
Sedona and Verde Valley Road Rides
Sedona and the Verde Valley have some great road rides to some unique destinations. Two National Monuments, eclectic artsy former mining towns, red rocks and even a river make riding in this area an adventure!
Some suggestions for road riding to get you started: