We put our time and money into the future of cycling in Northern Arizona.
Not only do we support many and various cycling advocacy efforts in Northern Arizona with financial and in-kind donations, our staff, management and owner are among the most involved cycling advocates in the area.
- Flagstaff Biking Organization’s Flagstaff Bike to Work Week- Not only have we been both a $1000 Associate Level cash and Worksite Challenge in-kind bike donor sponsor for the past several years, we have negotiated matching support from Specialized Bicycle Components and KHS Bicycles netting $2000 cash and several hundred dollars more in in-kind towards this event annually. In addition, our staff members and managers and Team members volunteer scores of hours helping to generate the copy for Biopic, (the event newsletter), doing event support, coordinating Worksites and generally cheerleading the benefits of Bike to Work Week to the greater community.
- Flagstaff Biking Organization’s Trail Program- We annually sponsor two of these events directly with cash support of $250 per event. In the past, we have enlisted the support of our suppliers Specialized Bicycle Components, Pivot Cycles and Camelbak for an additional four days of sponsorship. Our staff and management and Team commit to several days of coordinating and staffing these events as well. If you have ever done trail work, you can attest to the amount of sweat-equity represented by this effort!
- Verde Valley Cycling Coalition’s agreement for bike lanes on Highway 179– Absolute Bikes funded the budget for street sweeping and maintenance of the bike lanes on Highway 179 between Sedona and the Village of Oak Creek for $3000 over three years when this project was initially completed. We are now contributing $200 per year towards this ongoing effort. We are now advocating for ADOT to take this on as part of their maintenance budget in an effort to see ADOT move towards being more bicycle friendly. This financial commitment was required by ADOT of the Verde Valley Cycling Coalition in order to stripe these lanes. These bike lanes changed this stretch of highway from virtually un-rideable to one of the most scenic bike routes in the Western United States. Read more here.
- Arizona Interscholastic Cycling League– We are offering substantial in-house discounts to AICL racers and coaches, as well as partnering with Pivot, Specialized and Scott for great deals on bikes for these folks. Additionally we are directly assisting Coconino High School’s AICL team get started up!
- Arizona Trail Association- We support the ATA with an annual contribution to the management of America’s best National Scenic Trail! (We are a little biased…)
- Sedona Bike Skills Park- We partnered with Specialized Bicycles to contribute $2500 each ($5000 total) to the design of the Sedona Bike Skills Park. Once the design is completed, the City of Sedona will be building this rad addition to mountain bike opportunities in Sedona.
- Team Absolute Bikes– Many cycling teams receive discounts in a bike shop just for wearing the shop’s jersey at races. We encourage our racers to participate in various forms of bike advocacy and community service events by offering credit in our store for their time. Click the link for more info.
- Assorted Boards, Commissions, Committees and other positions representing the concerns of cyclists- The owner, managers and staff members of Absolute Bikes are perpetually joining in discussions and writing comment letters that contribute directly to planning direction that benefits cycling opportunities in Northern Arizona.